Erosional Landforms, Coastal Management and Fieldwork on the Holderness Coast
Invigorate your geography teaching with an Internet Geography CPD course
Develop your teaching skills and subject knowledge with our hands-on Erosional Landforms, Coastal Management and Fieldwork on the Holderness Coast course.
This hands-on course uses the Holderness Coast as the inspiration for developing fieldwork opportunities. The National Curriculum states that geography should inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world that remains with them for the rest of their lives; what better way to achieve this than by immersing pupils in real-world geography outside of the classroom? The course will provide numerous ideas for engaging coastal fieldwork and will increase teachers’ confidence in leading trips to the coast.
Feedback from recent delegates:
- ‘Good to hear different approaches to fieldwork and see new locations in the area. Excellent expertise about the local area which you wouldn’t pick up from a textbook. Great CPD.’ Jason Bowsley, October 2019
- ‘Fantastic trainer and first-hand experience of the fieldwork.’ Anon, October 2019
- Feel confident in using the outdoor environment for hands-on geography.
- Understand how coastal landforms of erosion are formed.
- Understand the positive and negative impact of coastal management.
- Feel confident in developing a risk assessment.
- Feel confident in teaching fieldwork techniques that can be used for NEA.
- Develop geographical and cross-curricular activities that develop pupils’ geographical skills.
- Discuss and share ideas for coastal fieldwork with other teachers.
- Find out how to use fieldwork equipment including IT.