Create a series of sketchnotes to summarise the area above. Check out our guide to creating a sketchnote.
The Final Countdown is here to help you prepare for your final AQA GCSE geography exam. Following our weekly exercises will prepare you to take on the examiner.
This week you will revise a case study of a LIC/NEE LICs experiencing rapid economic development, leading to significant social, environmental and cultural change. If you have studied India or Nigeria, we have online resources to support you. For your case study, you need to revise the following:
- the location and importance of the country, regionally and globally
- the wider political, social, cultural and environmental context within which the country is placed
- the changing industrial structure. The balance between different sectors of the economy. How manufacturing industry can stimulate economic development
- the role of transnational corporations (TNCs) in relation to industrial development. Advantages and disadvantages of TNC(s) to the host country
- the changing political and trading relationships with the wider world
- international aid: types of aid, impacts of aid on the receiving country
- the environmental impacts of economic development
- the effects of economic development on quality of life for the population.
Use one of the four strategies below to revise these areas.
Create a mind map to summarise the area above. We’ve got a guide to creating mind maps if you need support.
Create flashcards to summarise the area above. We’ve got a guide to creating flashcards if you need support.
Create a knowledge organiser to summarise the area above.. Check out our guide to creating a knowledge organiser.
Complete the revision quizzes covering global development and reducing the development gap you have studied (you completed revision activities on this area last week!).
Outline how uneven development can cause international migration. [3 marks]
‘Japan is in stage 5 of the Demographic Transition Model (DTM) and is a highly developed country.’ Explain this statement. Use Figure 18 and your own understanding. [3 marks]
Figure 18 – A scattergraph showing Gross National Income (GNI) and birth rate for selected countries in 2016.