River Fieldwork CPD on the River Derwent – Friday 10th January 2019
Invigorate your geography teaching with an Internet Geography CPD course
Develop your teaching skills and subject knowledge with our hands-on river fieldwork course on the River Derwent in North Yorkshire.
What our delegates are saying about Internet Geography CPD:
‘Outstanding knowledge and clearly passed on in a way I could understand and apply to my teaching’
‘Excellent communication from start to finish’
‘Listened to training needs and went the extra mile to help with resources’
‘Day planned very well, supportive and inspiring’
This hands-on course uses the River Derwent as the inspiration for developing fieldwork opportunities. The National Curriculum states that geography should inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world that remains with them for the rest of their lives; what better way to achieve this than by immersing pupils in real-world geography outside of the classroom? The course will provide numerous ideas for engaging coastal fieldwork and will increase teachers’ confidence in leading trips to the coast.
- Feel confident in using the outdoor environment for hands-on geography.
- Understand how river landforms of erosion are formed.
- Feel confident in developing a risk assessment.
- Feel confident in teaching fieldwork techniques that can be used for NEA.
- Develop geographical and cross-curricular activities that develop pupils’ geographical skills.
- Discuss and share ideas for river fieldwork with other teachers.
- Find out how to use fieldwork equipment including IT to support river-based fieldwork
9.30 – Meet & walk to River Derwent
10.30 – 12.30 – River fieldwork techniques – How does the Bradshaw model apply to the River Derwent
12.30 – 1pm – Lunch
1 – 3pm – Risk assessments, GCSE NEA opportunities and landforms of river erosion
3 – 3.30pm – Return to vehicles
Timings above are estimates and may vary depending on the needs and interests of the group. We aim to finish at around 3.30pm though this is flexible. Places on this course are very limited. Transport is not provided.
We are also able to invoice your school if you do not wish to pay online. Please contact us to arrange this.