Create a series of sketchnotes to summarise the area above. Check out our guide to creating a sketchnote.
The Final Countdown is here to help you prepare for your final AQA GCSE geography exam. Following our weekly exercises will prepare you to take on the examiner.
This week you will revise the changing demand for resources and resources in the UK (part of the resource management unit). It would help if you covered the following:
The changing demand and provision of resources in the UK create opportunities and challenges:
An overview of resources in relation to the UK:
- the growing demand for high-value food exports from low-income countries and the all-year demand for seasonal food and organic produce
- larger carbon footprints due to the increasing number of ‘food miles’ travelled, and moves towards local sourcing of food
- the trend towards agribusiness.
- the changing demand for water
- water quality and pollution management
- matching supply and demand – areas of deficit and surplus
- the need for transfer to maintain supplies.
Use one of the four strategies below to revise these areas.
Create a mind map to summarise the area above. We’ve got a guide to creating mind maps if you need support.
Create flashcards to summarise the area above. We’ve got a guide to creating flashcards if you need support.
Complete the revision quizzes covering economic futures in the UK (you completed revision activities on this area last week!).