Geography teachers are amazing creatures. They are talented, intelligent, attractive and funny, so what do you buy the person who has everything? Worry not, we’ve put together a list of must-have gifts for the geography teacher in your life. What’s more, we’re offering you the opportunity to win some of our featured gifts. More on this below!
1. An amazing stay
The gift of rest and relaxation is hard to beat, but a stay at Tan Hill Inn, Great Britain’s highest inn, is unbeatable. With an open fire and a warm welcome throughout the year, a stay at Tan Hill is a memorable event. The World Famous Tan Hill Inn is situated in The Yorkshire Dales, in Swaledale, just near Keld. With its real ales and great food, Tan Hill is the place to stay. Buying vouchers for Tan Hill Inn is a great way to treat the geography teacher in your life.
If you time your visit right you might even get snowed in!
2. An adventure
What better than giving the gift of adventure to a geography teacher? There are lots of centres offering adventurous activities but our favourite is How Stean Gorge in the Yorkshire Dales. If your geography teacher is one for adrenaline-fueled activities we recommend the Big 5 multi outdoor activity day. The Big 5 includes:
- Via Ferrata
- Gorge walk / Ghyll Scrambling
The gorge walk (shown above) is an amazing experience.
For the more conservative geography teacher, it’s well worth a visit to walk through the gorge and visit the caves.
You can book the activities and buy gift vouchers online. It’s a fantastic day out, with a great team in a beautiful location. We love it!
If your budget is tight you could consider a Great British Adventure Map.
Another great Christmas present for the geography teacher in your life has to be a drone. If your budget is tight considered a tello drone or if you want to splash the cash consider a DJI Mavic Pro.
4. Ordnance Survey Puzzle Book
Cheap, cheerful and guaranteed to keep them occupied, the new Ordnance Survey Puzzle Book will keep them quiet during the festive period.
5. Ordnance Survey Colouring Book
For the more creative geography teacher treat them to an OS map colouring book. If you need to, throw in some colouring pencils. Just make sure they don’t go over the lines and the shading is in one direction.
6. Ordnance Survey OS Maps online subscription
A subscription to OS Maps will win the heart of the geography teacher who loves the great outdoors. They can plan routes online, check them out in 3D and use their mobile phones to stay on the right path in the great outdoors. Of course, don’t bother if you’re after losing them! Find out more about OS Maps online subscription.
7. A good read
We’ve compiled a list of books that should be on every geography teacher’s bookshelf. Take a look at our favourite reads.
8. A personalised OS Map
The Ordnance Survey offers a personalised map service. Focus on their favourite area or create a unique gift with folded, flat or framed maps. Show the instantly recognisable style of the OS Explorer and OS Landranger leisure maps.
Sit and watch them blow it until they’re blue in the face. If it’s peace and quiet you are looking for, look no further than an anemometer
10. Geography Teacher Mug
Perfect for break-time refreshments, treat them to a mug
11. Tooth Brush Holder
Finish off their bathroom with the perfect toothbrush holder
What more could the gin-loving geography teacher want? Yes, you guessed it, more gin! Mother’s ruin will help them plough through marking on an evening. Take a look at these craft gins.
14. Geography Stationery
Who doesn’t love a bit a nice stationery? Throw in a geographical theme and the geography teacher in your life will love it. You might consider:
16. Globe Drinks Cabinet
The best of both worlds! Drinks + globe = happy geography teacher. Treat your geographer to a globe-shaped mini bar drinks cabinet
Geography teachers are loud and proud about their subject. Help them shout about it with a geography-related t-shirt
20. Virtual Reality
A VR headset
We’ve partnered up with Tan Hill Inn, How Stean Gorge and The Ordnance Survey, to offer you the opportunity to win some of the gifts featured in our Christmas List.
One lucky person will win a fantastic prize consisting of:
- A one night stay at Tan Hill Inn for two people in February 2019 (Sun-Thurs)
- A family ticket to visit How Stean Gorge and cave
- An OS Maps online one-year subscription
- A copy of the new OS Maps Puzzle Book
- A £20 Amazon gift voucher provided by Internet Geography
At the beginning of December, we’ll be sharing our 2018 Christmas Quiz. To be entered into the prize draw all you need to do is submit a question for the quiz.
Even if you don’t win the main prize you will receive a free copy of our 2018 Christmas quiz so you’ve nothing to lose!
The boring bit:
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, except Internet Geography employees, their close relatives and anyone connected with the competition.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
- Proof of identity, age and eligibility may be required.
- By entering you grant Internet Geography permission to use any question(s) you submit in its 2018 Christmas Quiz which will be available for a small donation to anyone who did not enter the competition
- Competition entries will only be accepted between 11th November 2018 and 30th November 2018.
- If you enter the competition you will receive a copy of the Internet Geography 2018 Christmas quiz for free.
- The competition winner will be selected at random on 1st December 2018.
- The prize is stated as above. There is no cash alternative and the prizes cannot be sold or transferred in any circumstances.
- Internet Geography’s decision as to entrants taking part and winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
- Entrants agree to take part in any post-competition publicity. The name of the winner will be made public.
- Your personal data will be processed by the Internet Geography in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will only use this personal information for the purposes of administering this competition. The personal information of unsuccessful entrants will be destroyed after the competition has finished. We will collect further personal information from the winner in order to provide the prizes.
- By agreeing to be added to the Internet Geography mailing list your details will be kept secure via our mailing list provider Mail Chimp. You can unsubscribe from this at anytime via the mailing list emails we send.
- By purchasing items using the links below Internet Geography may earn a small commision based on the sale. This goes towards the development of the site and supports running costs.